27 August 2009

Why I am Not a Revolutionary


Don't get me wrong. I am sick and tired of the "progressive" agenda. I am frustrated with the current crop of Congresscritters. I would like nothing more than to see the massive bureaucracy from Washington eradicated, and nearly every law passed since 1870 repealed. (That includes the 16th and 17th Amendments, and even portions of the 14th, by the way.)

However, I do not advocate revolution. First of all, the word brings to mind armed uprisings, bloodshed, treason (on both sides), and all manner of unpleasant things. Mostly, though, I believe that the revolution has been taking place for close to 150 years, and the evils mentioned above are the result of that revolution.

What I want to do is put down the collectivist revolution. The best way is in front of the ballot box, not behind the ammo box. We have the truth and common sense on our side. We must convince our neighbors who don't normally pay attention that they need to start, and they need to seek common sense answers. As Glenn Beck (and Thomas Jefferson) puts it, question with boldness. Hold on to the truth. Speak without fear. Become a counter-revolutionary, by countering the half-truths and empty promises of the collectivist revolution with truth, common sense, and resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment