11 August 2009

Why Be Hatin' the Birthers?


Let me be clear: I couldn't give a hoot in hell where Barack H. Obama Jr. was born.

That being said, I do have questions. Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5 uses the phrase (as I'm sure has been pointed out ad nauseum) "natural born citizen". I have seen one definition of that term, credited to a contemporary of Jefferson et al., as a person whose "parents" were both citizens of the country in question.

The point here is that this definition requires
both parents to be citizens of the same nation. As I have stated in the past, young Barry is truly an African-American, where Jesse Jackson (for instance) is not. Both of Rev. Jackson's parents were American citizens. One of Mr. Obama's parents was an African, a citizen of Kenya; the other was an American. This, therefore, fails the above definition.

I'm not saying that this is the only definition of the term, although it's the only one I've seen. But I do believe that people whose job it is to uphold and enforce the law--and the last I knew, the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land--should be interested in making sure we all know the correct definition.

And I just haven't seen any of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment